Aspira is currently looking for a Group IT organization the Group Network and Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for Group IT network and technical, local infrastructure, including IT security that supports the business objectives.
The company is on a journey towards becoming an increasingly digital, data driven organization leveraging the latest application technologies to improve customer experience and drive organizational efficiencies. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a transformation where you can make an impact by supporting the business being successful by using modern and secure technology.
In this role you will report to the Group Director IT & Operations and work in close collaboration with the Group CISO, internal virtual teams and vendors. You will be the anchor point for group-wide offered network connectivity and technical security matters across the operating companies throughout Europe.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversees the Group IT network (WAN and LAN) and technical infrastructure.
- First point of contact between the vendor(s) and the companys organization for support and maintenance.
- Managing and collaborating with the vendor(s) in terms of SLA’s, change requests and cost control.
- Define, set, implement and monitor the group standards and guidelines for both the group-wide (SD-WAN) and local network (LAN).
- Further implement the group SD-WAN based network, security standards and guidelines across the group.
- Establish a SD-WAN and LAN center of excellence across the companys IT Team.
- Work closely with the Group Director IT Security (CISO) to implement the security program across the Group and as such be part of the IT security center of excellence.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders like digital team, functional teams and the operational companies.
- Actively drive innovation; propose and implement new solutions or enhance existing ones.
- Participate in M&A activities from a network and technical infrastructure and security perspective.
Key Functional Competencies
- Service oriented.
- Innovative, actively driving adoption of Microsoft Azure technologies.
- A pragmatic, can-do mentality, results driven.
- Hands-on with the ambition to move into a team lead role.
- Intrinsic motivation & self starter.
- Strong learning attitude.
- Collaborative, open mindset.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Embrace diversity of a multi-cultural matrix organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- At least 3 years of experience in a (similar) network infrastructure related environment with LAN and (SD-)WAN experience.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with network infrastructure and related hard- and software.
- Self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers.
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment, preferably within the wholesale/trading industry.
- Eager and ambitious with the ability to go at least one level up.
- Fluent in English and ideally in German, Dutch or French as well; at equal qualification diversity criteria will apply in the final selection process.
- Willingness to travel.
- Location of the office is in Breukelen.