itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a Technical Resolution Manager. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
The Technical Resolution Manager provides consultancy services, acting as a bridge between external partners, internal IT colleagues and internal stakeholders. Its primary focus is to ensure the rapid and effective resolution of major service impacting IT incidents by leading all technical resolution activities, supporting the major incident management function. In addition, the Technical Resolution Manager will be expected to work proactively so as to identify and strengthen service capabilities both at the technical and business process levels.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day IT infrastructure service delivery for our client on a global scale, in partnership with both internal customers and external suppliers and in accordance with contract requirements, SLAs and internal agreements.
- Work closely with internal and external partner functions so as to identify, document, strengthen and better instrument existing business critical technical service chains, making them more resilient, more easily recoverable and less likely to fail
- Regularly review existing platforms and recommend improvements to promote standardisation and more optimal usage of infrastructure resources
- Enable and champion best practice IT service culture based on industry best practices and standards i.e. ITIL
- Provide signoff for new solutions as part of our client’s Operational Readiness and Change Management processes
- Drive a continuous service improvement culture across our client’s organisation and external partner community
- Clearly communicate the IT service delivery strategy and supplier service portfolio to internal stakeholders so that they understand internal and external service delivery capabilities
- Provide support and consultancy services as needed in response to major operational incidents; leading technical service resolution work-streams as needed
- Actively drive service delivery improvements with external partners/ suppliers
- Support Problem Management activities, post incident, to reduce ongoing operational risk
- Continually promote active collaboration amongst all parties globally, acting as a conduit for new ideas and concepts that could be beneficial to the wider organisation
- Share customer-related knowledge, formally and informally, to enhance the stakeholders and external partners understanding of the business and of how technology products and services add value from the customer's perspective
- Relevant third level degree or equivalent experience developed over time
- 10+ years’ in depth experience working in an IT Operations or Service Delivery role
- ITIL Foundation Certification is required
- Recent exposure to IT infrastructure services within the financial services industry is very beneficial
- Proven experience of working within a large global or regional organisation in a multi-national company
- Proven experience of working within a supplier lead service delivery model
- Highly experienced in building up and managing stakeholder relationships, removing obstacles towards win/win
- Exceptional influencing skills, demonstrable though all levels of the organisation
- Persuasive presentation skills
- Supplier management skills
- Good working knowledge of business lead IT strategies
- Good understanding of developing market trends and concepts
- Exposure to LEAN or Six Sigma process efficiency methods is beneficial
- In depth working knowledge of at least three of the following core infrastructure technologies: IBM AIX, IBM iSeries, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, Databases (SQL, DB2, Oracle), Storage technologies, IP Networking
- A particular focus on iSeries would be a distinct bonus
- Structured analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Technical authoring
- Infrastructure solution engineering and system implementation
- Systems monitoring concepts and tools
- Load and performance testing
- Capacity management
- Quality management and process improvement
- Sound knowledge of productivity and reporting toolsets e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Project management concepts
- Fairness – all stakeholders, suppliers and internal partners are to be treated in the same consistent manner at all times
- Proactive – work with stakeholders to make things happen, driving activities to resolution and engaging internal colleagues where needed to deliver the desired result
- Diligence – ensuring that tasks are completed to the highest standards or quality at all times
- Collaboration – working with all stakeholders to provide options, drive reuse and sharing and facilitating communications
- Firmness – knowing when to say ‘no’ to customers’ demands when they are out of policy or procedure
- Openness – respond to challenges from customers and supplier with open and honest answers, provide regular and timely feedback
- Customer Outcomes & Excellence – above all focus on the effect that all actions have on the end customer (business users) and ensuring that all decisions but the availability and reliability of the service first
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.