Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 50 countries and more than 50,000 staff.
e-LIMS NG is a suit of next generation LIMS applications aimed at business transformation.
Our teams and businesses are spread over different geographies and hence are multi-cultural. At eLIMS NG we strive to standardize business processes across these locations by assessing and analyzing their business needs. BAs are in the front and center of this effort to understand the current pain points, process issues, and derive smart solutions and workarounds.
As a Business Analyst you will elicit and analyze the need using various requirements engineering techniques. You will understand their As-Is process and deduce a To-be process. You will act as a Functional Expert to collect, challenge and agree on business requirements, and participate in Agile Scrum activities with the implementation team.
- Perform Requirement elicitations, document user requirements and use cases
- Use BDD and ATDD techniques to minimize the differences between what is asked by the Business Analysts and what the Developers understand.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business under the coordination of the Business Project Manager (BPM) to analyze information needs, functional requirements and deliver relevant artefacts.
- Drive and challenge business unit representatives (Business Process Expert) on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Serve as the intermediary between the business community and the software development team through the whole requirements flow.
- Expertise Business process models – taking processes from As-Is – To Be
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Identify Information System weaknesses and develop solution proposals to improve IT and Group systems and policies.
- Support the Business Requirement Owner (BRO) and/or Business Process Experts (BPE) in Business Process design.
- Perform gap analysis and write functional specifications and User Requirements.
- Actively participate in IT deployments of modules in charge (installation, customization, test development and documentation) in close collaboration with BPM and local IT deployment teams.
Ideally you will have a degree in Business, IT or an Engineering Discipline, with proven track record as an Agile Business Analyst or Product Owner (3-5 years)
Experience in life science domain and/or LIMS systems will be a plus
You will have strong Business Process Analysis and design experience.
In addition, your experience will include:
- Ability to develop Business Requirements, User Requirements, User Stories and relevant artefacts.
- Strong demonstrable skills in building domain models and business process models
- Strong facilitation and listening skills, with results oriented approach
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write functional and also technical documentation where required
Position entails 25 - 30% travel
What can we offer you?
- A multicultural, friendly and collaborative work environment in a fast-growing international company
- Opportunities for growth and take that next step in your professional career and self-development
- Long-term engagement and career development
- Competitive salary package, bonus and benefits option (Health insurance and pension, among others)
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, Eurofins offers training opportunities to employees
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sports and social activities
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.