As a result of continual growth, our security division is recruiting for Cyber Security Analyst (SOC) - Level 2 to join the team!
The Security Operations Centre (SOC) houses the cyber security team responsible for monitoring and analysing an organisation’s security posture on an ongoing basis. The SOC team’s goal is to provide 24x7x365 capabilities to detect, analyse, and respond to cybersecurity incidents using a combination of technology solutions and a strong set of processes.
The SOC staff work closely with our customer and Evros Network Operation Centre (NOC) team to ensure security issues are addressed quickly upon discovery.
The Cyber Security Analyst monitors and analyses activity on networks, servers, endpoints, databases, applications, websites, and other critical systems, looking for anomalous activity that could be indicative of a security incident or compromise.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Level 2 Analyst to perform the following duties
- Continuously support the customers security infrastructure via SIEM, EDR, VA, SOAR etc
- Handle escalation from L1 Analysts,
- Provide guidance to L1 Analysts,
- Perform advance triage and threat hunting using SIEM, EDR, SOAR etc
- Interact with customers to gather requirements and address them accordingly,
- Provide recommendation of use case design and fine tuning to correlation engineer,
- Develop case studies and monthly threat reports,
- Perform Vulnerability Assessment,
- Assist in the development of policy, process, and technology
Job schedule: Business Hours Monday-Friday (On Call Team Rota Monday - Sunday)
Is this you?
- Passionate and Professional security mind set
- Strong customer service skills to follow-up with clients and handle escalations
- Capability to ensure confidentiality and discretion in performing sensitive tasks
- 2+ years of experience in information security sphere
- 1+ year of experience in supported technology (IBM Security QRadar SIEM and/or ArcSight and/or Splunk)
- Certifications: IBM Security QRadar SIEM Administration and other related to IT Security (CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Linux/Unix basics
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferably
- Experience in investigating security devices (SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewall, endpoint security systems, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Assessment
- Knowledge of routing protocols and technologies
- Excellent English - both verbal and written
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Kate Maher or Michal Gawronski in Evros Technology Group directly.
Evros/itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros/itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.