Harvey Nash is working with a government funded agency based in Longford to recruit for a Senior Security Engineer on a long-term contract role (Flexible / Remote working option available).
As part of the ICT Security team, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of all IT Security Solutions from planning, monitoring, and reporting through to higher level design and implementation.
Some of the key deliverables include:
* Lead the delivery of ICT Security solutions - planning, monitoring, and reporting on progress.
* Guiding the ICT Security team in new and emerging projects - assigning and prioritising tasks with other security engineers and resources within the team.
* Liaising with Network & Infrastructure Operations teams to develop information security policies, plans, standards, and procedures.
* Preparing business cases for ICT security solutions and offering input into tender requirements.
* Identifying security risks and creating processes or technical solutions to mitigate threats.
* Implementing remediation initiatives to mitigate risks.
* Configuring and maintaining Internet Access monitoring, email monitoring and security monitoring and alerting tools to help mitigate threats.
* Performing Computer Forensics, Incident Investigations, and threat / vulnerability management.
* Implement / improve the Staff Security Awareness Program.
Ideally you will have a combination of the following skills:
* Experience working in a Senior Cyber Security role conducting vulnerability and risk assessments, developing security plans & policies, designing, and implementing ICT security solutions.
* Expertise in System Network & Security Architecture, Cloud security and monitoring with an ability to architect and implement solutions from new and existing technologies.
* Expertise in security posture assessments in-line with standards like ISO 27001, regulatory requirements, emerging threats, and organisational risk
* Designed, implemented, and managed Security Monitoring and Alerting systems (such as Juniper JSA, Qradar, or similar SIEM product) to help mitigate threats.
* Experience performing security investigations, incident response activities and implementing disaster recovery and remediation plans.
* Strong technical knowledge of secure networks / server architecture utilising Cisco & Juniper firewalls (Juniper SRX5400 / Cisco ASA-firepower) and other network security (Secure VPN, NAC, ACLs, etc.)
* Familiarity across Windows, Linux, IIS, Oracle, SQL, Hyper-V, VMware, Microsoft office, Cisco and Juniper network products for System Hardening tasks, pen testing, anti-virus installations etc.
* Familiarity with McAfee, Cisco IronPort or MobileIron for device control and data loss prevention.
* Any knowledge or experience with VIAVI GigaFlow or Cisco Firepower for IPS/IDS Threat Management would be considered hugely advantageous.
* Any Professional Security Certifications would be considered a major plus but not essential.
In addition to a competitive rate, you will work in a highly visible senior security role to improve and develop the security posture of the organisation, as you work with new and emerging technologies to deliver key projects and solutions for the business.
If you are interested in this role or want to learn more, you can contact Aaron for a confidential chat at firstname.lastname@example.org / +353 86 067 3739 or apply directly.