itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for an IT Security Consultant. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
Our client is looking for an IT Security Consultant to manage information security, IT and compliance risks, to support the wider organisation’s business goals, while also being a subject matter expert in cyber security. Reporting to the Global Assessment Team within Information Security Governance, this is a lead role in managing and performing information security assessments for high impact IT services being delivered to the business.
The successful candidate will deliver key governance, compliance and risk enforcement messages externally to our client’s key vendors and internally within the organization, and work with third party vendors to assess their IT controls, commitment to their compliance and security obligations, and manage next steps.
You will work closely with other security, compliance, legal, risk and procurement professionals to enforce compliance and escalate issues, while reporting progress against milestones, risks and issues to the Head of Global Security Assessments.
- Consultancy on projects and services for effective risk mitigation and control implementation
- Apply and support IT security, risk and compliance technologies
- Review and support requests for vendor security due diligence assessments
- Assist with complex projects to identify business and technical security requirements, design security controls and test their effectiveness
- Assess operational risks and perform IT risk assessments within the organization
- Assist coordination and implementation of appropriate IT governance, metrics collection, and reporting capabilities
- Enable compliance with IT-related policies and regulatory requirements; develop and support plans to remediate compliance gaps
- Track timely closure of identified control gaps and support action owners during issue remediation
- Provide input to improve efficiency and effectiveness of IT security governance services and group information security processes
- Deputize for the Head of Global Security Assessments
- Working with a range of stakeholders across the globe, both at the business level and IT operations including; Global Information Security Team, CISO & BISOs, Project Managers, IT Architects, Business/Service Owners and Sourcing & Procurement Teams
- Minimum 5 years professional experience including 2+ years in information/ cyber security
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in IT, Business, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience of assessing cloud infrastructure and working with cloud security tools
- Experience of implementing and auditing information security management systems
- Ability to understand and interpret IT architectural diagrams/data flow diagrams
- Experience of providing consultancy support to projects or business team, or operating within an associated field such as IT, information security, risk and/or compliance
- Knowledge of information and/or IT risk management standards and disciplines would be an advantage; particularly control frameworks such as ISO 27000, NIST's Cybersecurity Framework and SANS Critical Security Controls
- Experience with security assessments and assessing cloud infrastructure
- Ability to understand and interpret IT architectural diagrams
- Excellent communication skills, being able to take part in meetings and provide expert advice
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Proven ability to succeed in collaborative work environments and build relationships
- Security and data protection accreditations (such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, ISO27001, GDPR etc.) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of GRC tools such as ServiceNow, Process Unity, Synergi or similar products and tools would be an advantage
- Knowledge of PowerPlatform tools such as PowerApps and PowerBI would be an advantage
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.