Role Profile - Working as an integral part of the Risk and Compliance Team. Must be fluent in German and English.
• Analyse information received from Distributors and Administrators;
• Perform monthly and quarterly checks;
• Managing the Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) requirements of operations in Ireland/Germany from an AML/CTF perspective
• Perform AML/CDD on a range of customer types with different legal structures in all jurisdictions
• Transactions monitoring
• Perform PEP & Sanction checks on all customers and related parties
• Review publicly available sources for information pertaining to client due diligence
• Investigate and provide preliminary assessment of any Suspicious Activity alerts for potential money laundering risks
• Assist to ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions;
• Assist with oversight and testing of the outsourced AML activities
• Maintain PEP register
• Initiate and oversee tasks proactively with a continuous improvement mindset to help maximise the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of Mediolanum Irish Operations AML Activity;
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends;
• Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses.
• Timely execution of instructions received from the line Manager
Skills & Competencies
• Fluency in German and ideally other languages (Italian)
• General understanding of AML issues within the industry.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• IT skills to include Advanced Excel and ideally some Data Analysis or Data Visualisation experience
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial services, ideally funds or insurance.
• Specific AML Compliance experience including KYC, Customer Due Diligence, Transaction Monitoring, Suspicious Transaction Reporting.
• Keen interest in technology and data visualization and/or process automation;
• ACOI or currently working towards ACOI qualification would be looked upon favourably