Mediolanum are recruiting for the position of Market Risk Analyst Intern.
Support the effective management of risks and implementation of appropriate policies throughout the Company.
• Assist with / Develop and build internal risk models for monitoring of Investment risk, Counterparty risk and Insurance risk.
• Support the Risk team in managing the Investment Committee deliverables.
• Play a leading role in maximising the Risk Team’s use of the MSCI Risk Manager platform and provide the team with timely and insightful analysis on the range of funds.
• Identifying risks and monitor key Investment decisions.
• Participating in various committees and processes representing the Risk Department and actively promoting opportunities to improve risk mitigations / controls and manage risk.
• Assist in assessing emerging and macro risks, including new products or significant process / business changes and propose effective solutions.
• Promoting a strong risk awareness culture.
• Undertaking ad hoc requests and reports as required from time to time.
• Perform receptionist duties on an ad hoc basis.
Skills & Competencies
• Prior work experience within an asset management or mutual funds/insurance or banking environment desirable.
• Students who are pursuing/have completed an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree with substantial mathematical / statistical/ financial element.
• Candidate should have a willingness to achieve FRM / CFA / PRM qualification.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of risk measurement tools/concepts for example: Absolute/Relative VaR, Alpha, Volatility, Correlation.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of financial products - for example Call/Put, Index/Unit Linked, Equity, Bonds.
• Prior experience of Bloomberg and other systems (For example MSCI Risk Manager or MISYS) desirable.
• Proficiency in VB or Excel an advantage.
• Experience with programming languages such as R or Python would be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Experience with data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Qlik or Tableau would be a distinct advantage.
• Numeracy and accuracy as a pre-requisite and the ability to work to deadlines in a team based environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and communication skills (both oral & written).