Mediolanum have a position available for Chief Data Officer who is primarily responsible for all data governance activities across the organisation. He/She defines and enforces all relevant governance policies, associated processes, and procedures. As part of our data monetization strategy, the Head of Data Governance will also oversee all data quality initiatives across the organisation ensuring that we have a high degree of confidence in the accuracy and efficacy of all data assets which are used to make critical business decisions.
He/She will have proven experience of working in a fast paced, high pressure environment where exceptional is the norm. A strong culture of execution and delivery is essential to succeed in this role to champion our strategy of embedding data governance in all aspects of our technologies and business processes.
This is a cross functional role working within the technology team, managing the data stewards working group and collaborating with business stakeholders delivering multiple projects in parallel. The Head of Data Governance will be the thought leader across the organisation in relation to all Data Governance related initiatives.
The role mandates to make it clear to all stakeholders that attention to proper governance of critical information assets is a fundamental value of the enterprise and just “how we do business.”Duties• Develop and implement a company wide data governance framework, with a focus on improving/maintaining data quality as well as the protection of sensitive data through the creation/modification of policies and standards, principles, governance, processes and data architecture
- Delivering solutions to improve data governance and thereby improve decision-making, optimize our trading and research processes, increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, transform data into actionable insights.
- Outcome focused. Successful delivery of multiple parallel projects on-time, on budget and within commercial constraints.
- Build the data governance roadmap with support from key stakeholders. Promote and standardize our data management governance and best practices across the firm.
- Leading the data stewardship programme
- Working with our data stewards to improve data governance and data quality
- Providing training / mentoring to data stewards
- Assist data stewards in understanding and enforcing the data governance policy
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability, and sources to effectively manage corporate risk associated with the use of data and analytics.
- Develop data ingestion strategies to easily on-board new data assets
- Serve as a liaison between the business and functional areas to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, well understood and considered as part of operational prioritisation and planning
- Advocate for the importance of data governance and data quality across the organisation
- Act as the corporate representative to regulators, and represent the enterprise to customers, suppliers, and external bodies in the development of industry data and analytics standards.Skills & Competencies• Proven prior experience of building a world-class data governance capability in an International Asset Management organisation
- Very delivery focused with multiple projects progressing in parallel
For full job description please visit Mediolanum (mifl.ie)