itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a FinTech company specialising in developing digitalised blockchain platform solutions, for a Cloud Security Architect. This is a permanent position that can be based remotely anywhere in Ireland.
The Cloud Security Architect will provide leadership in the form of hands-on technical work and advisory services on cloud security architecture across multiple public cloud service providers. Your expertise must include translation of business requirements, development requirements, architecture specifications, assessing and selecting vendors/ products and documenting policies and standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: securing enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members and more. This is both a strategic planning and practical hands-on implementation role, working closely with our client’s Development & Operations Teams to enhance the security of the wide range of digital platforms and services.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to develop and deliver a complete security architecture solution
- Define, prepare and drive the implementation of IS0 27001 accreditation
- Produce high-quality architecture specifications, white papers, technical documentation, roadmaps and presentation materials
- Understand the cloud cost models and the implications of all recommendations
- Work with Enterprise Architects and other relative senior stakeholder (including group CISOs) in the assessment, mitigation and management of security risks
- Enhance Security Team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting or engaging with partners to conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates
- Plan security systems by evaluating security technologies; design public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation
- Verify security systems by developing and implementing test scripts
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Enhance security in the software development life cycle (SDLC) as the organisation evolves towards DevSecOps
- 5-7+ years’ experience in security architecture
- 2 years’ experience in securing and maintaining public/private cloud technologies
- Exposure to any public cloud platform environment e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud, Google GCP etc. - experience working in a hybrid cloud environment is extremely beneficial
- Relevant cyber/information security certifications
- Experience of working with DevSecOps frameworks and cloud security technologies
- Familiarity working with open-source tools and components
- Knowledge of working in cloud native computing foundation (CNCF) projects
- Conceptual skills, decision making, informing others, functional and technical skills, dependability, information security policies
- Experience working in regulated environments
- Excellent stakeholder management and good presentation skills
- IBM Cloud
- CNCF Tools/Components
- Open Source
- Gemalto HSM
- HyperLedger Fabric
- Common L7 Protocols: HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, RPC, FTP, DCHP
- Scripting: Unix Shell, PowerShell, Bash, Python
- Data Encryption
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.