Software Engineering Manager required for global e-commerce business with expanding Irish office in Cork. This is an opportunity to help and manage a new team of high performing software engineers. Ideally this person can work in the Cork office 1–2 days / week as needed
This role will suit a hands-on Engineering Manager, who is a great mentor with a strong passion for innovation and continuous improvement.
· Help scale and manage the local Engineering team from 0–10 people, and coordinate with Global engineering team of C50 people
· Develop careers and facilitate long term development.
· Hand on development on server clusters, including web servers, search servers, micro-services, cloud deployments, etc.
· Develop software for all workflow systems, tools and batch processes for background processing.
· Bachelor’s in computer science or a related field
· Experience in leading high performing software engineering teams.
· Experience in working with cross functional groups
· Strong technical abilities, remains hands on.
· Solid fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
· Strong knowledge of database systems, master of SQL.
· Expect in any modern programming language: C++, C#, Java, etc.