Senior Network Security Engineer / Principal Engineer (Security)
Role Purpose & Vision
A professional service delivery capability is a key requirement for the solutions now sold to our clients Business customers. These solutions typically have multiple elements including, telecommunications infrastructure, CPE, IT applications, third party components and include consultative engagements. The successful delivery of these elements requires best practice technical design combined with experience and quality on-site delivery.
The role of this person is to deliver high quality systems integration services to our client’s customer base and develop in-depth technological knowledge within the specialist domain. The engineer will also feed into the design teams where necessary with responsibility for ensuring technical accuracy of the technology proposed.
- Design and implement solutions based on existing portfolio e.g. Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Citrix etc which are underpinned by a solid understanding of IP Networking, Routing and Security.
- Assist in presentations to customers, verbal and written.
- Input to proposals where specific technical authority is required.
- Production of high level & low level design documents
- Assist in the closure of sales opportunities through the demonstration of technical capability and trusted advisor relationship.
- Input to the creation of accurate project plans, test strategies, handover documentation etc.
- Interface with Sales, Pre-sales, Service, Product Management and other areas as necessary to ensure the explicit objectives of the role are delivered upon.
- Generate pull through revenue on engagements through the identification of technological solutions or enhancements following on from initial engagements.
- Support the on-going professional development of the business.
- Participate in product trials and seminars for technological advancement and impart knowledge promptly.
- Handover of project documentation in a formal manner to operations service colleagues and to Customers.
- Maintain certifications which contribute to overall company technical accreditations such as Cisco ATP, Fortinet, Citrix partner etc.
- Contribute toward collaborative mechanisms for communication amongst peers and engineering disciplines throughout the wider group.
- Liaise with external customers including OLOs and MNOs where necessary
- Contribute positively to the overall team culture, design authority and vision
- Manage own personal development effectively.
- Complete detailed & on time timesheets and performance management documentation.
- Coach and mentor team members and assume responsibility for lead engineer on specific engagements.
- Be flexible in working out of hours should the need arise to complete customer implementations or upgrades.
- Participate in on-call rota
Specific Skill for this role
- Qualification and Experience on RSA Security , Firewall Administration, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Security Audit Expertise, Routing Switching and Wireless deployment Skills.
- Cisco CCSP or CCIE R&S and Security
- CCNP R&S
- Cisco Firepower
- Cisco ISE
- Fortinet NSE 4 - 7
Other Key skills
- Verbal & Written articulation of complex technical solutions
- Achieve / working to achieve relevant recognised qualifications at expert level such as CSSP, CCIE, CCDE etc.
A full and more details Job Spec can be provided on application.
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.