Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.
Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
As a fast paced growing environment we are looking for natural born leaders that inspire passion in unique individuals and are not afraid to take risks in order to achieve goals. Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”.
How can you contribute?
We are looking for a delivery focused (Senior) IT Infrastructure Cloud Engineer to ensure quality design within and across complex projects in the context of migrating IT applications to Cloud environments, required for supporting corporate operations. As a Cloud Engineer you will be involved in championing new relevant technologies, as well as re-building initiatives for existing infrastructure.
This is a hands-on role that requires can-do attitude to establish close collaboration with the operations/infrastructure/project teams and deliver quality documentation allowing for smooth transition of built elements to operations.
Your functions will include contributing to the design of new and existing decentral cloud environments, in accordance with relevant internal policies and ensuring that the performance, scalability, and security are optimized during the design
Other responsibilities as the Cloud Engineer will include:
- Lead the Technical Management of the Eurofins Cloud Environments and cooperate closely with the rest of IT Infrastructure & Operations, Architecture and Security teams
- Analyze User and System requirements
- Recommend alternative technologies and improvements
- Plan integration of different IT Components and Services
- Evaluate projects and deployment architectures proposed by other teams based on standardized IT Components and Services
- Contribute to bringing Eurofins IT infrastructure to the next maturity level, by ensuring close observance of the policies, rules and processes
- Identify, document and promote best practices for IT infrastructure architecture and lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher efficiency and performance of the IT Infra services
- Provide the templates for automatic deployment of the services, support other teams onboarding automation
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
Following completion of a Degree in Computer Science, or a related field you will have 5-10 years experience in IT Infrastructure and Operations administration, engineering or architecture, with 3-8 years of hands on experience in Public Cloud Environments (AWS and/or Microsoft Azure). Ideally you would also work with automation tools (Ansibe, Terraform etc.)
You will have excellent communication, analytical and ognisational skills. You will also be a team player with system thinking and strong attention to details, with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
In addition your experience will include:
- Technically solid in corporate and enterprise scale
- Proven experience of acting as the expert in infrastructure/operations/project teams
- Global company experience (enterprise grade)
What can we offer you?
- A multicultural, friendly and collaborative work environment in a fast-growing international company
- Opportunities for growth and take that next step in your professional career and self-development
- Long-term engagement and career development
- Competitive salary package, bonus and benefits option (Health insurance and pension, among others)
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, Eurofins offers training opportunities to employees
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sports and social activities