PFH Technology seeking a Service Desk Engineer-12 month contract.
Based in Cork (remote during Covid)
This team will primarily provide remote support. There may be a requirement to travel to site on occasion where remote fix is not possible.
* Prioritise, manage and responding to helpdesk calls in a timely manner logged on the help desk system; including travel to sites to support users
* Establish and build on good working relationship with customers
* Troubleshoot and if required, referral of hardware faults to third parties
* Where appropriate, assign warranties on hardware to third parties
* System administration using Active Directory
* Troubleshoot issues with Windows accounts/mailboxes
* Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose and solve software faults e.g. Citrix
* Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems and applications
* System Administration - amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares
* Manage pst requests and data requests for staff moves
* Liaise with third party vendors for software\hardware installation
* Deal with 'how to' and information requests including data security and ICT policies
* Liaison with local and national ICT teams, e.g. Server and Network management to find root cause for recurring issues.
* Document new solutions
* Install individual software requests
* Managed Print devices - liaise with vendors including IP information
* Access consoles to push or provide solutions for requests e.g. Content encryption
* Follow and adhere to SD processes, procedures and follow escalation process and other matters as appropriate
Skills and Qualifications
2 years' experience in an IT environment preferably in Windows 10 installations. Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
* Excellent customer service skills with an ability to empathise with users and help them adapt to their new technologies. User experience is key for this project
* Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and report writing.
* Demonstrate evidence of production of quality deliverables
No visa sponsorship available for this position
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO 20000/27001 24*7 certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.