Head of IT (Retail) required for well-known Irish retail business. The Head of IT will be instrumental in setting out and delivery on the IT strategy for the future growth of the business. This role will report directly to the CEO and suit a “hands on” IT Manager who is ready to take the next step on his/her career.
This role can be done from anywhere in Ireland with occasional office meetings as needed
· Make recommendations on technology strategies, policies, and procedures
· IT project management
· Management of key business systems such as EPOS and Online platforms
· IT budget and P&L controls
· Implement IT security and disaster recovery procedures.
· Oversight on IT support issues ticketing system and coordination with 3rd party support provider
· Direct line management for the internal IT team (5 people)
· Significant experience in a senior IT role, ideally in the retail sector
· Experience managing a high performance team, preferably in retail for service delivery and projects
· Strong project management skills
· Proven track record in digital transformation change
· Experience managing external IT suppliers
· Budgetary controls and IT P&L management experience
· Broad technical knowledge including Cloud (AWS)