What will you be doing:
As a Technical Engineer you will be working either directly, or alongside, a Senior Technical Consultant, with our sales, pre-sales and delivery teams plus senior customer technical leads to scope and deliver solutions.
The role of the Technical Engineer is key to our consulting and services business and will be instrumental in delivering client projects.
The role is client facing, providing independent and expert consultancy support to projects across a wide range of industry sectors.
The right candidate must be able to clearly explain the benefits and underlying concepts of their area of expertise. They must also be able to articulate how we can help customers realise the benefits. They will also possess the ability to implement the proposed solutions.
The Technical Engineer must possess a strong business acumen - with awareness of the current business environment and the challenges it presents to organisations.
• Technical delivery, design, and planning.
• Assist Sales in solution pricing.
• Be a “trusted expert advisor” when needed - maintaining detailed industry knowledge.
• Post sales Technical Delivery ownership of delivery activities.
• Client Professional Services delivery leveraging your key skills.
What experience will you have:
· A third level qualification in IT or relevant experience
· Professional ICT accreditations.
Ideally over 1 years’ experience of working as a Technical Engineer within a professional services environment, including 3+ within the IT industry
· Experience in implementing complex IT services
· Experience in the designing and implementation of Microsoft Azure solutions involving the following technologies:
o Virtual Machines
o Virtual Networking
o Network Security Groups
o User Defined Routing
o Network Virtual Appliances
o Private Endpoints
o Private DNS
o Application Gateway and Azure Front Door
o Implementation and troubleshooting
o WAF rules and troubleshooting
o ARM template and PowerShell design and deployment
o Cosmos DB
o Web and Function Apps
o Logic Apps
o Key Vault
o Service Bus
Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
o Dell Boomi
o Microsoft SQL Server
Strong business, commercial and risk management awareness with proven ability in the application of technical design governance.
Technical consultancy experience covering a variety of clients, a formal solution design and development methodology, formal project lifecycle experience, and experience of leading the technical design and implementation of a number of significant projects.
· Strong communications skills to describe, educate and coach others in the implementation of your designs; and good powers of negotiation and persuasion to bring others onboard.
· Able to identify the best way to solve technical problems paying attention to limitations in software and hardware and assess and select the technologies needed to support them.
· Good team member with good communication skills at all levels of seniority.
· Good organizational and administrative skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
· The ability to develop relationships with staff and clients.
· Flexibility and adaptability.
· Strong business/customer focus or awareness.
· The ability to work independently and with relatively little oversight; good self-motivation.