itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a Cloud Product Specialist. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
Our client is looking for a Cloud Product Specialist who is an organised, committed and technically focused individual to support the notion of “Always On” IT services; fully reflecting the strategic needs of our client’s business partners globally. Working within our client’s Enterprise Command Centre (ECC), the Cloud Product Specialist will be part of a dynamic team consisting of Technical and Operations Specialists, as well as exposure to other experts within the wider organisation.
The role incorporates technical and organisational skills to provide consultancy services, acting as a bridge between external partners, internal IT colleagues and internal stakeholders. The primary focus is to ensure the proper running, maintenance, integration, and improvement of specific technology used within the ECC, or provided as a service to ECC customers. In addition, the Cloud Product Specialist will be expected to work proactively to identify and strengthen service capabilities, both at the technical and business process levels.
This role provides the ideal opportunity for a motivated quick starter currently working in a 2nd level infrastructure support position with exposure to cloud and DevOps technologies, who can develop within the role, taking their career to the next level with a focus on automating manual processes, proactive troubleshooting and incident management. Experience working in a large service desk environment involving significant interaction and technical communication with clients, users and vendors would be advantageous.
- Drives the execution of ECC technology operations, maintenance, and upkeep for technologies owned by the ECC
- Provide development capabilities for the products owned, maintained, and managed by ECC
- Drive the technical roadmap for ECC products
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing IT policies, stakeholder engagement, ECC technology implementation for technologies within the ECC
- Provides support for incident, event, change, and configuration management processes implemented and supported by ECC technologies
- Implement comprehensive project plans, in collaboration with internal and external suppliers and drive the execution of these plans to ensure project success
- Ensure that project objectives are delivered on time and meet stakeholder expectations for quality
- Provide subject matter expertise for ECC technology, evaluate proposed changes or enhancements, and recommend potential solutions
- Updates and delivers status of initiatives; manages tasks and supports audit initiatives
- Contribute to the delivery of assigned IT projects in own area of expertise for specific lines of business, collaborating with IT colleagues from across the wider function to agree an approach for project/ program management
- Drive a continuous service improvement culture across the company and external partner community
- Collaborate on ECC processes to identify areas of improvement to support event, incident, problem, change, or configuration management services
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology
- 3-5+ years of experience in related field i.e. service delivery management, infrastructure management, product/ technology/ vendor management etc.
- Experience of working within a large global or regional organisation within a multi-national company would be a distinct bonus
- Developer experience, working in an Agile team, using SQL, Python/Jython
- Experience in scripting languages
- Experienced in IT infrastructure or application monitoring services, capabilities, and technologies
- Working knowledge of core infrastructure technologies, e.g. Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, Databases (SQL, DB2, Oracle)
- Good understanding of cloud technologies (Azure/AWS), DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding and ability to follow ITIL standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and consistent work habits, strong work ethic, motivated to achieve goals
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Ability to work within a small team to provide support for 24x7x365 environments
- Previous experience of working with automation tools, CI/CD, pipeline development would be advantageous
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.