Software Engineer -Limerick
What will I be doing?
My client currently have a small team of engineers and have successfully designed and built a product which is used across some of Ireland's most progressive Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals. You'll be part of this growing team, and help design, implement, and deploy the next tier of software components.
What technologies will I be using?
* Live data updates (via Server Sent Events)
* Reactive UI views (similar to React, Vue, Svelte, etc…)
* Simple declarative UI templates (HTML & CSS)
* Native Web Components for common elements (e.g. Buttons, Input Fields)
* Single-file UI components for views (similar to .vue / .svelte components)
* Seamless data layer (similar to Ember Data Store + CouchDB / PouchDB)
* Encrypted offline data cache (similar to IBM JSONStore)
* Server-side reactive data processing (MongoDB Change Streams & Lamba Functions)
* Client-side multi-threading via Web Workers
Our architecture goals include:
* High-performance runtime (fast & responsive on all devices).
* Separation of concerns for the core layers (server processing, data sync, REST API, business logic, client-side storage, UI components, etc.). Each component does one thing, and does it well.
* Common client / server modules and business logic use the same code to keep internal APIs consistent; avoiding duplication of logic.
* Great DX - it's fast and seamless to build out new components.
* Solid telemetry across the platform for quickly isolating issues in development & production.
What skills do I need?
* Experience building API-driven client applications.
* A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
* Understanding of cloud infrastructure fundamentals (virtual machines, basic networking principles, Linux command line).