We are looking for a results-driven VMware Engineer to optimize our company's VMware network in County Kerry. You will be deploying VMware applications in virtual environments, integrating multiple virtual servers on a single host machine and providing VMware support.
VMware Engineer Responsibilities:
- Determining business needs and evaluating existing network infrastructure and systems.
- Optimizing network hardware and software to enable VMware integration
- Developing and deploying customized VMware solutions.
- Defining multiple virtual servers on a single host machine.
- Virtualizing Windows servers and connecting them to networks and clouds.
- Designing and implementing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enabling template management.
- Installing operating systems and service packs, as well as security patches and bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving VMware environment issues.
- Providing technical support and documenting VMware processes.
- Keeping informed of developments in VMware technologies and products.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer programming, or similar.
- Ideally, VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a VMware engineer.
- Proficiency in VMware associated programs and coding languages, such as Windows Server, MS IIS, SAN architecture, WebSphere, Citrix, Python, and C++.
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of VMware ESX and related technologies.
This is a full-time permanent position. Initial working hours will support North American operations from 2 PM – 10 PM, Monday – Friday. Market rates apply, open to negotiation and based on experience. For further information please email me directly.