Senior Software Engineer (Node.js) -
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
My client an award-winning virtual reality software company who the core product is a virtual communications platform that seeks to transform how people collaborate with each other globally by harnessing the power of immersive technologies. Their platform is now available on most VR devices, desktops and iOS devices.
Due to continued growth and success, they are looking for a competent Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of industry experience to join their dedicated Web development team. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
Senior Software engineers with Node.js & Microservices experience are of particular interest to them.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let's shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Designing and implementing new features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team
* Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
* Comfortable representing team and presenting to management.
* Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
* Maintaining and support of new and existing features by liaising with the development, QA & support teams to diagnose and resolve issues.
* Designs & writes quality, scalable & robust code with security and performance in mind.
* Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
* Develops technical documentation for internal use.
* Communicates effectively in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change depending on workload
* Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and shares with the team to help achieve overall goals.
* Translates business requirements to technical concepts.
Essential Skills Required
* Bachelor's degree or College Diploma in a computer science-related course
* Extensive experience developing enterprise level applications.
* Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs. Must have a good working knowledge of Postman.
* Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
* Experience of working within an Agile environment using SCRUM.
* Knowledge of MVC and other software design patterns, including SOLID Principles.
* Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
* Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.