Our Client has a requirement for Senior Software Engineering Manager to take the helm and lead their elite software development team.
Full Job Description
Our Client has a requirement for Senior Software Engineering Manager to take the helm and lead their elite software development team in delivering a diverse range of innovative software applications to clients in both the public and private sector around the world, across a variety of industries.
While not a hands-on role from a technical perspective, the position will require you maintain a detailed understanding of the system architecture of our major projects and will assist and guide the team as they seek to engineer solutions to the numerous problems that arise as complex software systems are brought to life.
- Overall accountability for the effectiveness of the entire software development organisation, managing our Software Development, Quality Assurance, Business Analysis & Project Management teams to success on a wide array of projects.
- A member of the Senior Management Team, tracking performance against budgets and reporting on team performance to the management team and board on a monthly basis.
- - Work with the Programme Manager for planning, scheduling, budgeting and forecasting the financial, organisational and resourcing of their ambitious growth plans.
- Motivate and inspire others to give their best to achieve goals, recognise and celebrate success.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership and prioritise own workload.
- Help maintain high standards of code quality within the team by establishing and mentoring around good development practices and habits (code reviews, automation, CI/CD…)
- Collaborate effectively with our business analyst, quality assurance and sales team to design and oversee the development and maintenance of our client’s cloud-based applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Develop and improve processes to improve overall operational efficiency, reduce costs and delays.
- Participate in early-stage client meetings as the technical subject matter expert, providing technical and high-level architectural input into initial project proposals, acting as liaison between the internal Technical Pod Leads and customer for specific technical input.
- Take on, evolve and ultimately own the processes for providing realistic estimates of development effort for sales proposals and project planning - from multi-day to multi-year projects.
- Proven experience of managing a highly technical software development team to deliver on objectives in an Agile working environment using modern development techniques.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft software development stack and tooling along with big-block architectural understanding of cloud-first web applications.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Enterprise Cloud Development, Azure, Big Data, Mobile, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing, Low Code/No Code (Power Platform or similar).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Management/Leadership skills training or qualifications.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.