Software Development Manager
This Limerick based role will require an experienced technical leader who is looking to expand their engineering skills into a commercially intensive and delivery focused software organisation that will work with clients in the full range of industries from pharma and aerospace to Public Services, SMEs and start-ups.
• Model Company values of Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Tenacity.
• Monitor team performance, provide effective feedback and take corrective action if needed.
• Motivate and inspire others to give their best to achieve goals, recognise and celebrate success.
• Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership and prioritise own workload.
• Solve complex problems and participate in continuous improvement practices.
• Proactively support the continued development of team members by providing challenging growth and development opportunities and establishing agreed career paths.
• Help maintain high standards of code quality within the team by establishing and mentoring around good development practices and habits (code reviews, automation, CI/CD…)
• Drive and support the adoption of new technologies, tools and techniques within engineering.
• Collaborate effectively with our business analyst, quality assurance and sales team to design and oversee the development and maintenance of our client’s cloud-based applications built on Microsoft technologies.
• Develop and improve processes to improve overall operational efficiency, reduce costs and delays.
• Participate in early-stage client meetings as the technical subject matter expert, providing technical and high-level architectural input into initial project proposals, acting as liaison between the internal Technical Team Leads and customer for specific technical input.
• Take on, evolve and ultimately own the processes for providing realistic estimates of development effort for sales proposals and project planning - from multi-day to multi-year projects.
• Work with Technical Team Leads to maintain a pragmatic set of code quality processes/practices and drive adoption of same within the team.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Ability to build relationships across all functions of a business.
• Proven experience of managing a highly technical software development team to deliver on objectives in an Agile working environment using modern development techniques.
• A working knowledge of the Microsoft software development stack and tooling along with big-block architectural understanding of cloud-first web applications.
• Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.
• Understanding of database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
• Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Enterprise Cloud Development, Azure, Big Data, Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing, Low Code/No Code (Power Platform or similar).
• Management/Leadership skills training or qualifications.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)