Evros Technology Group are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Senior System Administrator to join our expanding our Managed Services Team.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work within a large multinational environment with a leading-edge IT infrastructure. You will work within a highly motivated and technically strong team, comprising Engineers and Support Desk personnel.
This is a role for someone who wants new and exciting challenges, to test their skills and develop new ones and to provide our clients with industry leading technical expertise.
This role is an initial 6 month contract.
- Experience managing a Microsoft Windows Server enterprise environment
- Experience managing a VMware enterprise environment
- Active Directory management and maintenance
- Datacentre environment experience, onsite and remote management
- IIS configuration and management
- Managing environments hosting multiple SQL Server deployments
- Enterprise Storage
- Monitor operating software and associated components
- Good communication skills working with the business/development organizations
- Lead technology discussions at a high level with Infrastructure Technology leads, Architects, subject matter experts in varying aspects of technology stacks.
- You will have oversight and provide in-depth knowledge of High Availability, Disaster recovery, diagnostics & forensics, troubleshooting aspects, vulnerability management, patching, incident management, problem management, change management and project management in a technology role
- Act as an escalation point for technical issues pursuant within the Technology Services team and lead Performance troubleshooting and capacity planning efforts
- Effectively manage work efforts and critical activities from external service providers, such as datacentre and network providers, as well as internal technology teams, through resolving issues and appropriately escalating to ensure activities stay on track
- Work with system hardware vendors for ongoing support issues, release schedules, and general system administration issues.
- Support development and professional services teams in system environments designed for product development, solution configuration, customer user acceptance testing, and QA testing
- Work with development teams to define, architect and deploy Linux-based tools to support development, QA, UAT, and professional services team's requirements
- Ability to align with and directly service internal business units and external clients and interact with business unit executives and project management to communicate operational status, key project status, and business value of services produced.
- Support out-of-hours weekday or weekend issues or events
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to manage costs and programs to budgets developed in conjunction with senior leadership. Ability to innovate and constantly improve costs in the interests of the business.
- Manage IT spend to effectively meet enterprise IT objectives, architectural standards, and support requirements within the constraints of operational and project budgets
- Work with the IT teams to ensure the needs of infrastructure are prioritised and aligned with both enterprise and business plans
- Maintain alignment with the business technology architecture and overall strategic goals and objectives
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regard to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Kate Maher or Michal Gawronski in Evros directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.