IT Security Manager
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for an IT Security Manager to join their team based in Dublin 2 for an initial 6 month contract. The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of IT Operational security.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate the control processes within the defined IT Security service catalogue including:
• Security Operations Centre regarding critical monitoring and controls.
• Information Security Incident Response
• Log Management
• Vulnerability scanning, reporting and management
• Application of Dedicated Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection
• Threat Intelligence
• Protect against malware: Implement and maintain preventative, detective and corrective measures across the enterprise to protect information systems and technology from malware.
• Ensure appropriate measures and related management procedures are implemented to protect information overall methods of connectivity.
• Endpoint Security: Ensure endpoints (e.g. laptops, servers, mobile devices) are secured at a level that is at minimum equal to the defined security requirements of the information processed.
• Line management responsibility for IT Security domain personnel
• Support the development of information risk management standards
• Support the development of information security processes, policies, & procedures
• Maintain relevant Information Security Group Key Controls to the required maturity level
• Manage outsourced vendor relationships & performance to the required standard
• Maintain & develop industry contacts and networks
• Support & engage relevant internal audit & external regulatory inspection teams
• Specify & supervise the implementation of IT Security controls initiatives
• Ensure IT Security requirements are captured, planned and implemented re change projects
• Report performance of IT Security control processes to various local and group risk committees
• Support the development of IT Security strategy in line with business priorities
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
• 10+ years’ experience within a similar environment.
• Solid people management experience.
• Thorough knowledge of information security best practices.
• Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent and post qualification work experience within related environments and specialist functions.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
• Proven track record in people management.
• Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a professional manner.
• Strong customer centric focus.
• Must have a very flexible approach to work & be confident working in a fast moving environment.
• Excellent attention to detail required.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)