Deputy Commissioner – Operational Performance & IT Assurance in the Data Protection Commission
The Irish Data Protection Commission is an independent regulatory body, mandated under the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018, the E-Privacy Directive and the Law Enforcement Directive to uphold the right of EU citizens to have their personal data protected.
The Data Protection Commission has a vacancy for the following key position
Deputy Commissioner – Operational Performance & IT Assurance
Deputy Commissioners at the DPC are members of the Senior Management Committee (SMC), which oversees the proper management and governance of the DPC. The SMC provides strategic leadership, management and oversight of the organisation, and sets key priorities, goals and objectives, amongst other duties.
This is an exciting senior management level opportunity for a candidate with demonstrated expertise in strategic and operational organisational performance to join the DPC at a time of transformative change for the organisation. The successful candidate will provide counsel on broad technological developments, as well as having key responsibilities for IT service and assurance.
The successful candidate will be someone with:
· Significant relevant experience in a technological discipline
· A record of achievement in their career to date demonstrating significant senior management and leadership experience in an evolving and expanding organisation
· Demonstrable experience in delivering ICT projects at scale that have involved improving business processes through leading technologists to deliver effective and integrated solutions
· A demonstrable track-record in delivering major organisational change and systems implementation in a variety of contexts
· A proven ability to oversee continuous improvement and operational changes in a way that delivers benefits while minimising risks
· A demonstrable record in strategy development and implementation
· Experience managing multiple projects concurrently through to implementation in a busy operational environment
Closing date: 3pm on Thursday 3 June 2021
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
For more information and how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/CompJ_Ad_DeputyCom