Software Development Engineer
Our client is a growing Irish software company in the insurance sector, offering innovative, efficient and intuitive solutions, using Business Process Automation technology.
* Design, code, test and document particularly large, complex or mission critical programs.
* Working with the Business Analysts to understand product requirements, and providing technical feedback.
* Researching technical solutions to the requirements, and developing working prototypes when necessary.
* Translating product requirements into technical designs and solutions.
* Apply available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and to produce a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
* Specific information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements. Consults with internal and external stakeholders in areas such as software engineering and data management and take account of their recommendations.
* Assist colleagues/clients/users in defining acceptance tests.
* Be part of a structured review of work produced by the development team.
* Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline with a 3-5 years relevant experience in software development.
* Good understanding of Relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server.
* Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
* Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
* A good understanding of Unit testing.
* Source/Version Control experience - Preferably TFS.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work in a team and collaborate with other company departments positively so that all company objectives are met.
* Passionate about software development.
* Focused on quality and continuous improvement.
* Confidence and calm in interacting with Senior Audiences.
* Ability to engender trust and credibility both internally and externally.
* Have the ability to multitask.
Nice to Have(s):
* Knowledge of Azure
* Insurance Technology or FinTech industry experience
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918952FK
Role: Software Development Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent