Becoming an Infrastructure Operations Manager with Capita IT & Networks:
As part of the Capita One IT Services programme, we are now at a critical stage of evolution. The role of Infrastructure Operations Manager is an exciting new role within the IT Services organisation; this is a key operational leadership role within the Hosting organisation reporting to the Head of Hosting. The role requires someone with significant experience in a busy support area, with strong customer service and people management skills, plus a sound knowledge of technical skills in all areas of their responsibility.
You will be responsible for leading a team of up to 40 infrastructure engineers located across GB, NI and ROI, supporting all IT Services (ITS) Customers. As part of this leadership team you will work collaboratively with other managers and support your respective team through the One ITS transformation programme, building excellent working relationships with the ability to provide management expertise and guidance in operational, customer, and project related initiatives. The individual will be responsible for encouraging and monitoring standards to ensure high quality documentation and procedures are produced and maintained.
This is an excellent time to join Capita as we are going through a major expansion. The Hosting & Platforms team in particular is a growing area within our business. This is a key role where you will have autonomy to help shape the team for our centre of excellence as we transform the current facility.
What you will do:
* Lead a team of technical specialists based across GB, NI and ROI, responsible for delivering managed service and support operational services to meet contracted SLA and internal KPI's
* Providing a senior point of escalation for Infrastructure Operations both for client services / account management teams and customers directly
* Support the Account Team in delivery of client facing Operation and Technical Governance Reviews
* Support the Account Team and Customers by ensuring technical/service solutions are fit for purpose and customer requirements are met
* To build and maintain collaborative relationships with service delivery teams and external suppliers
* To have an active role in developing a contract re-win strategy and design
* To have an active role in solution review and operational acceptance into service
* Responsible for managing the availability of the services by identification of trends, underlying issues with the infrastructure, deficiencies in the design, issues with delivery etc
* Responsible for the provision of reporting on the operations performance and providing input to the client facing service reports.
* Accountable for the delivery of the function's performance and the plans to mature this function
* Support the Head of Hosting with managing finance, forecasting, and business planning and delivery of business objectives
* Responsible for all HR and people related activities for all team members, including setting objectives and measuring these through effective 1-1s, motivating the team with effective leadership and communication
* Manage workloads and ensure the team is appropriately resourced to enable the delivery of operational services, work orders and small project requests
* Responsible for maintaining the risk register, identifying risk across the infrastructure and communicating this to the client teams.
* Demonstrable track record in Infrastructure Operations
* Demonstrable track record of leading a team to deliver relevant operational services across multiple client infrastructures.
* Strong leadership skills and a passion for engaging, motivating and inspiring teams
* Able to manage workloads with changing priorities
* Able to build strong collaborative relationships in order to deliver the best outcome for Capita customers
* Experience of managing risk and compliance
* Has a commercial and business awareness
* Confident with engagement at all levels of the organisation
About Capita IT Services
Capita IT Services knows that businesses succeed on the strength and stability of their technology platforms. We provide infrastructure, technology and application support services to major clients across the public and private sector, allowing them to run smoothly in every aspect from data, application and service management, to data-centre & cloud capabilities, and strategic and technical consultancy. With our partner business, Capita Networking Solutions, we're able to offer an exceptional, scalable range of capabilities - be it within a company's own network or in the cloud; consultancy or implementation; managed service or full business outsource.
Looking to go further? Let your line manager know and click apply now to a short application and send us your CV. Any questions before taking the next step? You can contact | for support.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.