Senior Systems Administrator
My client has established presence and strong commitment to working in partnership with public and private sector organisations in Ireland to deliver their ambitions. They provide cost-effective solutions that facilitate digital transformation and utilise big data & security to achieve business goals. This company supports customers across several key markets including Government, Healthcare, Transport, Financial Services, Media, Manufacturing and Enterprise.
Responsibilities of the Senior Systems Administrator Role:
• Work within a team to deliver Managed Services to our customer(s), to required SLAs.
• Provide and manage proactive maintenance and monitoring on customer systems.
• Share best practices with other team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support services.
• Effectively interact with and coach other members of the team to provide solutions to complex technical issues.
• Deliver services in line with Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
• Manage issues or outages to resolution, identify key points of contact, and manage communications within the delivery and customer teams.
• Update Incident, Request, Problem and Change tickets in the ticketing system.
• Responsible for ongoing support, monitoring and management of, ISCSI SAN Support, Backup system management, Microsoft patch management, Virtual cluster based on vSphere 5.x Essentials Plus, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, IIS on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Server hardware (Dell PowerEdge).
• Variety of customer projects utilising all above technologies as well as; Active Directory 2008/2012, VMWare vSphere 5.x Enterprise / Enterprise Plus, SCOM 2012, SCCM 2012, Exchange 2010.
Mandatory Technical Skills and Experience for the Senior Systems Administrator Role:
• Ability to priorities issues and manage time effectively, taking accountability for resolving customer issues, and balancing project work with ticket driven tasks.
• Fluent written/verbal English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and being an effective communicator, able to deal with people at all levels, both within and outside the business.
• Ability to suggest alternative solutions, innovate and use experience, to streamline operations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work well within a team.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Technical skills/certifications: SAN Support (EMC and/or Dell preferred), SCCM 2012, Backup system management, Active Directory 2008/2012 (AD synchronisation, Group Policy, etc), Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, IIS on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, VMWare vSphere 5.x Essentials/Enterprise/Enterprise Plus, Server hardware (Dell PowerEdge), Basic Networking experience.
To apply for the Senior Systems Administrator role, please send your CV to Mark.keenan(a)solasit.ie or call Mark on 01 6993439 for more information.If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 3535 1699 3439)