Senior UI|UX Designer
The successful candidate will design the user-system interactions as appropriate. The UI/UX designer will be given the space to lead and aid with research to understand the business goals, the product and its vision, the end users, and the technology space. The UI/UX designer will document unique and patterned interactions using a combination of user stories and appropriate fidelity screen mock-ups. The designer will also be part of a wider team of Interactions Designers and UI Developers who share responsibility for maintaining a consistent user experience across our emerging suite of cutting-edge applications.
To apply for the Senior UI|UX Designer Role, please send your CV to Ryan.wannenburg(a)solasit.ie or call Ryan on 01 2449531 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior UI|UX Designer Role:
• Assist the Product Manager in defining interactive systems to support business goals.
• Partner with the Product Owner in creating the user stories and defining the design to be developed.
• Work as part of an agile team to incrementally deliver features, ensuring the UX vision is met.
• Work with UI Developers to rapidly develop iterative mock-ups and prototypes of designs.
• Generate user interaction models, wireframes and screen flows.
• Conduct user research to assess the usability and user experience of prototypes and existing interfaces; and iterate based on user feedback.
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior UI|UX Designer Role:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Experience of working in an agile environment.
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
• An understanding of the need to solve both business and user problems.
• Portfolio of projects you’ve worked on.
• Knowledge of Mobile and Desktop Web Usability best practices.
• Experience with design tools, currently using Adobe XD for wireframes.
• An understanding of or qualification in product/ industrial design or cognitive psychology is a plus
• Critical & design thinking.
• Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills.
• User and stakeholder engagement experience, including research to understand user needs and motivations.
• Strong facilitation, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Positive attitude, with strong emphasis on being a team player.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)