This is a position for an experienced IT professional with 3+ years experience in the following technologies: MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, IBM Datastage, BOXI, LOGI Analytics. Knowledge of AWS Cloud would be beneficial. They should display an interest in new technologies with an ability to self-teach if required. They must have good communication skills and work well as part of a team. They should demonstrate a strong ability to problem solve, a methodical and analytical approach to tasks, and the ability to build productive and sustainable relationships at all business functional levels while responding swiftly to changing business needs.
Job Title: Application Development Analyst
- Maintain and acquire expertise in the development, implementation and support of enterprise data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Develop SQL Server objects including complex stored procedures, extracts and interfaces to multiple current and legacy systems.
- Develop high quality and innovative data outputs using Microsoft BI tools (including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), Logi Analytics, Crystal Reports and interactive dashboards
- Collaborate with data and application architects, business and production system analysts,QA analysts and other system owners in the implementation and support of current and new data warehouses and their outputs.
- Interact closely with our business systems analysts and business end users to understand requirements and provide accurate solutions and estimates.
- Constantly produce high-quality, well documented code that is easily maintainable following best development practices
- Perform and participate in the peer review process
- Participate in business and IT project estimation activities.
- Utilize business knowledge to collaborate and offer technical solutions.
- Be self-guided and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Develop meaningful unit test-plans,systematically implement and update them; co-ordinate release management activities related to your deliverables.
- Understand that code performance is critical in an enterprise database environment and fine tune technical deliverables for optimum performance accordingly.
- Work in a multi-site team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- 3-4 years of experience in software development in SQL Server and in the Microsoft BI space, including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Experience with Business Intelligence, dashboard and reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal, Tableau, or LOGIXML is a plus
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Datastage is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud is an added benefit.
- Experience of working in the financial services sector(particularly insurance, ideally group benefits) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required.