IT Support Manager
Our client is a leading European thermal insulation manufacturer, (with factories in UK, Ireland and Mainland Europe), they offer the construction industry a range of innovative complete solutions, encompassing roofs, walls and floors.
They are currently looking for an IT Support Manager to be hands on and manage a local technical team. The chosen candidate will work with global IT applications and infrastructure to enhance IT services and ensure the smooth running of the UK & Irish plants.
* Installation, operations and support of end user infrastructure and related software components
* Defines team priorities for operational and project activities
* Creates and maintains the team planning for operational and project activities
* Gives budget input to the IS Support Team Manager
* Follow-up of costs/procurement
* Local contract management
* Managing a team of 2 support specialists in the UK & Ireland Strategy
* Gives input for the Support infrastructure strategy
* Assist in defining the long-term roadmap for the different implemented hardware and software products in use
* Ensure smooth running for plants in the UK & Ireland through delegation and a hands-on approach.
* Plans projects (timing, effort, cost) to meet the roadmap requirements
* Defines and controls the daily operational processes to guarantee optimal usage of the implemented infrastructure components and takes care of optimal service delivery to end user community & business.
* Is the escalation point for major problems of incidents within his/her scope of control
* Works together with the corporate IS team (Support manager, Relationship manager )
* Proactive communication about the daily work and ongoing/upcoming projects
* 2nd/3th line troubleshooting and problem solving
* Liaise between the infrastructure department and the applications department
* Bachelor or equivalent through experience
* 5+ years' in a similar role
* Experience leading teams
* Good Computer server, Active Directory, 0365, mobile device management and network administrator skills required
* Knowledge of supporting, installations, ERP, CRM, Pemac, Exchequer, networks, remote desk support
* Hands-on experience
* Organization and time management
* Attention to detail
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918521FK
Role: IT Support Manager
Industry: Building Materials
Location: Co. Meath
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.