Role - TS3 - Desktop Support Engineer
Rate - €160 - €220
Duration - Ends 31st Dec
Location - Cork
An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a Desktop Support Engineer.
As experts in workspace management services, connectivity, data centers and Consultancy services, they offer ICT services to many of the FTSE 500 businesses and Public Sector organisations. Our client has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise market and work according to a Global Service Delivery Model, ensuring that services are provided consistently throughout the world, together with the Workspace Alliance.
Our client support its employees to become experts in their field though development by an in house University and an internal recruitment program.
To deliver first in class deskside delivery to clients in the UK
Working on-site at Reading and also supporting several satellite sites (London), candidate must be mobile also. The role would suit someone capable of effectively managing their time working from a ticket queuing system (Servcie Now).
To provide a combination 2nd/3rd line technical support and IMAC (Installs moves and changes) activity to customers via site visits, remotely, emails & telephones.
* Respond and resolve all assigned calls within prescribed SLA. Manage workload. Take appropriate action to ensure no calls exceed SLA.
* Where unable to resolve a call, or where assigned call is in danger of not meeting SLA, escalate as per appropriate escalation procedure.
* Install and configure desktop products into network environment
* Liaise with Service Desk and clients infrastructure teams for the resolution of customer issues
* Keep customer updated throughout the life of a call, ensuring satisfactory call resolution is achieved. Update Call Management System, clearly specifying progress and resolution details
* Comply with all Customer and client Policies and Procedures
* Be able to identify root cause issues from a desktop perspective and escalate to engineering teams accordingly.
* Hardware/Software experience.
* Required - Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Office, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer, Java, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Laptop Wireless setups.
* Preferred - Lotus Notes, MS Office 20, Process Monitor, Java, TCP/IP.
* Typically secondary/high school qualified with a relevant technical qualification, required certifications and relevant work experience. At least 1 years experience working in a desktop environment
* All applicants must be capable of performing both Incident Management and IMAC Activities
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.