Becoming a Change Analyst with Capita IT & Networks:
As the Change Analyst you will play a key role in the day to day operation of the Change Management function for Capita IT Services at our HQ in Newtownabbey. You will be responsible for being part of a team delivering ITIL change to our customers.
The role will include: - Charing CAB, Preparing CAB Agendas, Reviewing and approving changes, identifying opportunities to improve process. Key relationships within Capita ITS include: - Technical Support Teams, Service Delivery Managers and Service Management Function Leads.
What you will do:
* You will join our Change function delivering change for our onshore and Secure customers
* Proactively managing changes through the Change Management Process
* Preparing CAB Agendas
* Charing CABs for internal and external customers
* Producing Minutes and actions from CAB meetings
* Supporting the development of enhanced Change Reporting
* Supporting the wider Change Management process enhancements
* Acting a go to person for the Service Delivery Managers for change queries for our onshore and Secure Customers
* Attending meetings with customers and Service Delivery Managers when discussing change management initiatives or projects.
* Proven Experience of working within an ITIL Change Management function
* A Strong understanding of ITIL (ideally ITIL qualified)
* Previous Experience of chairing CABs
* Proved track record of delivering to strict SLA's and KPI's.
* Proven experience of dealing with client stakeholders
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent process documentation skills
* Good communication Skills
About Capita IT & Networks
A leading digital infrastructure provider - trusted by thousands of public and private sector enterprises.
Capita IT and Networks is one of the largest IT providers in the UK, providing critical digital, cloud and infrastructure services to over 3,500 organisations. We're the number one provider of IT services to the public sector, supporting one in four hospitals, over 2,500 schools and 50 local councils.
We have top tier partnerships with, and accreditations from, leading technology vendors, including Microsoft, Cisco, Dell EMC, AWS and HPE. Our team of over 4,000 people includes 1,000 technical specialists and 250 highly qualified field engineers, providing onsite support to our customers. Customers are also supported by our service desks in Coventry, Belfast and Pune, offering full service management and support 24/7.
We are dedicated to supporting thousands of customers across the UK. From bringing virtual reality into the classroom, to building smart towns and communities, we are passionate about finding new, practical ways to innovate and create better outcomes for our customers. But we are equally passionate about doing the right thing: we want to earn your trust and be the partner you count on every time. We are here for you.
What's in it for you?
* A competitive basic salary
* 23 days holiday (rising to 27)
* Company car allowance
* Pension, life assurance, holiday buy, a cycle2work scheme…and plenty more
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
Don't underestimate the fact thatyou'll also be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next...
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Michael Rosbotham on | for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| We Create Better Outcomes |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.