Systems Engineer, Dublin City, Technology
Based in central Dublin, my client is a multinational market leader within its area of software provision into Financial Services, Telecoms, Lifesciences and more. Highly successful, they are expanding and as such have engaged IT Search to identify a Systems Engineer to work in their City Centre offices with responsibility for maintaining and improving areas such as IIS Web and SQL Servers, working with clients when needed to continue technical stability and with internal IT Manager and Support team on a broad area of technical expertise.
This role will suit a MS leaning all rounder who enjoys a varied day and is looking to work closely with the IT Manager to become acting deputy whilst mentoring junior staff members.
· Working closely with the IT Manager to ensure reliable operation of internal systems
· Project based work, automating systems and deploying features
· Infrastructure (web servers) maintenance, documentation and systems management
· Ongoing awareness of larger team goals and willingness to jump in when required to bring expertise to bear to resolve issues from time to time
· Scripting responsibilities and some Linux based work as well as an utilising understanding of typical Linux operations – majority of work in IIS/SQL
· Security awareness at all stages, ability to work across switches and firewalls
· At least five years of post grad, hands on experience in a fast paced IT Environment
· Strong Microsoft experience, IIS, SQL
· Some mentoring experience
· Networking knowledge a definite bonus
To learn more about the role, company, package and process please send on your CV stating required salary and availability and we can have a confidential discussion.
Please note; we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the EU.