GIOS Technology are an IT and Business Consultancy and our client, a Tier 1 Bank, require a small team of Scala Developers to support the reference data requirements.
This is an exciting role focused on application development using some of the market leading technologies such as Scala, RDF, Sparql, Big Data, Apache Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Shark, Spark etc. We use Agile methodology for all the development.
You must be able to analyze business or technical requirements and design solutions to develop critical components of Reference Data technology stack. You must be a good team player with strong communication skills.
This role offers an opportunity to work on some key regulatory programs within the Bank. Any prior knowledge of client/product reference data domain will be extremely beneficial.
Technical Skills Required
- Strong Scala development skills
- SQL Programming Competency (with practical experience of at least one RDBMS)
- Strong understanding of software build/release mgmt (with at least one build tool eg ANT)
- Good understanding of unit testing concepts
- Familiarity with development patterns
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop
Technical Skills Desired
- Familiarity with RDF and SPARQL,
- Understanding of Reference Data domain
- Exposure to functional programming (in case you do not have Scala programming skills)
Soft Skills Required-
- Proactively own and resolve details of high level tasks
- Enjoy team working environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational aspects of managing a software stack