Dublin 2, Co. Dublin
Operating globally, our client is an established technology firm that provides bespoke mobile staff management software. Used by some of the world’s leading engineering firms, our client’s data capture solution transforms the efficiency of customers’ field operations.
Due to ongoing growth, they are now seeking an Android Developer to join their team in the heart of Dublin.
- Excellent salary DOE
- 5% pension contribution
- Tax-saver ticket scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Weekly team breakfast and monthly nights out
If you have solid knowledge of Android and/or Java 8, this is a fantastic opportunity to join and progress your career with one of Ireland's fastest growing technology companies.
Welcomed by a friendly and talented team, you’ll work with some of the latest and greatest android devices and make a significant contribution to the future direction of a core product.
So, if you're ready to enhance your expertise and help our client to maintain the product consistency their customers have come to expect, they want to hear from you.
As an Android Developer, you will develop new Android features based on our client’s product roadmap.
Collaborating with a team of highly experienced Developers, you will work on a variety of different advanced Android projects and integrate Android apps with our client's web API and third-party systems.
Your role will also involve:
- Reviewing customer feature requests and proposing design solutions
- Staying up to date with the latest technology developments
- Making recommendations on product direction, technology and features
- Occasionally working with other programming languages and technologies
Interested? To be considered as an Android Developer, you will need:
- Strong knowledge of Android and/or Java 8 gained from a minimum of two years’ experience in a commercial environment
- Experience in testing practices
- Previous experience of using offline storage, threading, and third-party libraries
- An understanding of object-oriented principles and good code design
- Strong practical knowledge of MySQL, REST APIs and Git
- Excellent communications skills with fluency in the English language
- A university degree, ideally in computer science, or equivalent (a combination of education and work experience may be substituted)
Other organisations may call this role Android Developer, Mobile App Developer, Mobile Developer, App Developer, Software Developer, Software Application Developer, Developer or Programmer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Android Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.