itContracting are currently seeking applicants for an experienced Systems Administrator & Infrastructure Engineer. This is a 12-month rolling contract (permanent is also an option) position based with our client in Cork.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to:
* You should be a strong IT generalist experienced installing, upgrading, maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise IT Infrastructure based on the below technologies:
* Enterprise VMware technologies
* Windows server platforms
* Cisco or Checkpoint network systems
* Active Directory
* A background in Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop platforms would be an advantage.
* Responding to and troubleshooting technical issues, providing operational maintenance, performing upgrades etc.
* Discussing issues with Performance Services clients and effectively applying technology knowledge to client situations
* Balancing responsibilities between multiple, concurrent projects
* Staying up to date on current technologies and trends
* Thoroughly and accurately understanding issues and analysing problems in a systematic fashion
* Serving as an escalation point for tier two support and providing advance troubleshooting capabilities
* Understanding and executing standard escalation procedures with tier two support
What else do you need to bring to the table?
* 3+ years of similar work experience in a client facing role
* Must have experience working with managing, operating and upgrading server and network infrastructure
* Preference to have experience with VMWare and Cisco/ Checkpoint technologies
* Excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills
* Professional Certification: Microsoft, Cisco, Checkpoint, Citrix or VMware preferred
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Paul Evans ( +353 1 2187769 or paul dot evans at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.