We have an exciting opportunity an Agile/Digital Project Manager to join our team based at Gilwell Park, Chingford . Although this job is fixed term, we do offer all our employees great learning and development at Scouts and support fixed term contractors in trying to secure further job opportunities during their time working with us.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We're a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Agile/Digital Project Manager role:
The Scout Association is delivering an ambitious Digital Strategy and Transformation over the next few years. We are looking for an Agile Project Manager to help shape and deliver a variety of digital projects, involving technical and business change. It will be responsible for planning, leading, organising, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. A high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach is required.
What will you be doing as an Agile/Digital Project Manager?
* Work closely with the Product Manager and Product Owners to provide detailed feature and capability requirements for the members of an agile development team.
* Work closely with the development team to create feature stories for the agile backlog.
* Answer requirements questions in JIRA tickets and slack and other communication channels.
* Write tickets for non-functional requirement (NFR) stories and bugs with Engineering and Product Management.
* Assist the development team in sprint completion by ensuring stories/bugs are in the correct status, facilitate unblocking of any blocked tickets, ensure/facilitate partner team collaboration on feature/epic completion.
* Work with Product Management to perform periodic testing throughout the development process and conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) of completed stories.
* Become the point of contact for partner teams with questions about specific development and operation areas.
* Lead and facilitate the scoping and design of programmes and projects
* Lead the development for key project documentation for projects, such as project initiation documents, RAID logs and reporting requirements
* Agree programme and project objectives and benefits and plans for delivering these
* Define project tasks and resource requirements
* Develop and maintain programme and project schedules and update progress
* Support Senior Responsible Owners and Sponsors with governance of programmes and projects
* Manage quality assurance
* Manage exceptions and changes in programmes and projects
What we can offer you as our Agile/Digital Project Manager:
* 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
* Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
* Life Assurance
* Simply Health Scheme
* Generous Pension Scheme
* Subsidised Lunch
* Free Parking
* Shuttle Bus service to and from Chingford mainline station
What we are looking for in our Agile/Digital Project Manager:
You are delivery and results focused, and to achieve these, are able to inspire and motivate others. You can work as part of a variety of different teams. You will be able to build and maintain key relationships with both internal colleagues and external collaborators and suppliers, and be able to balance the sometimes competing demands of all the stakeholders involved. You will have good analytical skills to ensure that opportunities and gaps are identified and addressed, as well as a proven track record of delivering or supporting projects. You will enjoy the opportunity to work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary environment, and the challenges which this can bring.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now to become our Agile/Digital Project Manager.
Term: Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Hours : 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,354 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Closing date: 23.59 on 22 nd July 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies