Global Financial Services Client is seeking a Kafka Engineer based in Belfast for a 6 - 12 month contract.
* Engineer with significant Kafka experience to join our team creating pipelines for new streaming applications for financial data.
* You will work closely with product owners and team members to deliver solutions through new and existing channels.
* As a Kafka Engineer you will be responsible for the reliable, scalable deployment of multiple Kafka clusters.
* You will build and integrate with other systems for provisioning, monitoring, and alerting. Working closely with our support teams and development teams, you will help deliver this project with a high level of automation and reliability.
* You have experience working with an Apache Kafka instance running in production
* You have familiarity with the wider Apache Kafka ecosystem (Streaming, KSQL, Connect Platform)
* You are passionate about databases and worked in the past with a range of SQL/NoSQL technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Couchbase, BigQuery)
* You have experience deploying and managing fault-tolerant systems on Linux/Unix
* You are fluent in at least one programming/scripting language, preferably Python
* You would potentially have familiarity with Docker/OpenShift and Cloud Platforms
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: candidate-privacy-information-statement