Responsible for supporting customers, Technical Service, and technical field staff with bespoke software/hardware/systems and automated product lines. Support internal and external customers with upcoming changes to software/hardware that impact product line.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Act as a first point of contact for all software-related questions.
* Create and maintain troubleshooting guides to assist Technical Service staff in quickly and efficiently resolving customer inquiries.
* Provide customer assistance for the product line, helping to organize and follow up when field service is needed onsite.
* Coordinate and provide technical support for all automation product lines for Technical Support, Field Support, and customers.
* Provide testing support for changes made prior to distribution for automation and the respective software applications.
* Assist customers with creation and review of procedures for automated product lines.
* Act as a software/hardware expert with all software programs associated with automated equipment sold and supported. Aid with maintenance and development of User Guides for automated products.
* Travel to customer sites to train the customer on the use of and to help field service resolve issues and provide long term corrective/preventative action for the automated products.
* Coordinate/Work with US based Software Application Specialist and software/product engineers to research and solve software/system issues for immediate fixes as well as document issues for long term corrective action.
* Provide technical support for software and IT installation requirements via phone, remote computer connection and/or at customer sites.
* Resolve customer complaints regarding software.
* Test product through hands-on testing, and automation, and identify potential product/software defects
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Education: Bachelor's or Associate's degree in computer science or other computing discipline.
* Experience: 2+ years' experience in an IT support role.
* Knowledge of basic computer hardware/software: Windows and Linux based products.
* Basic understanding of SQL databases and simple query development.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Other : Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to troubleshoot and solve software and hardware issues.