Main Responsibilities & Duties
As Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
· Creating microservices in NodeJS;
· Creating front-end applications with React;
· Participating in DevOps related tasks;
· Being responsible for technology-related decisions;
· Developing, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving inhouse service products;
· Adhering to Odyssey VC’s standards and utilising the approved tools, best practices and mode of operation;
· Participating in multiple projects with various priority levels and time lines;
· Continuously staying abreast of new developments in supported technologies;
· Participate in designing innovative solutions to improve current procedures;
· Act as service owner and process owner as per the IT Framework;
· Maintain accurate change control as per the Odyssey VC change management process;
· Adhere to all Odyssey VC quality and operational procedures and ensure quality and compliance at all times;
· Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services;
· Demonstrating best practices in all aspects of administration;
· When required by the business, participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage;
· Coaching and educating other colleagues in Agile Development and best practice;
· Supporting the build-up of the Development team.
• Windows and Linux operating systems
• Cloud services and technologies
• Security / cybersecurity threats, security tools and best practices
• Self-starter – able to work on own initiative
• Ability to manage and work in a matrix environment
• Strong customer focus ethos with a service mindset
• Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate in technical and non-technical language
• Solution driven with ability to execute quickly
• Strong problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Passion for innovation, excellence and change
• Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
• Accuracy / Attention to detail
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development and project management methodologies
Education & Experience
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related field with 2-5 years’ experience in software development.
· Must have Web UI knowledge and best practice skills, with experience in React, possibly other front-end frameworks.
· Must have experience with relational databases and SQL skills.
· Knowledgeable in using development tools, testing frameworks and techniques (JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Selenium, XP/TDD).
· Experience with TypeScript is a plus.
· Experience in Amazon AWS, Docker and microservices is a plus.
· Experience working with high load and high traffic production systems is a plus.
· Good English language communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
· Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule.
· Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies.
· Preferable to have experience working in highly regulated environments.
Relationship with Others:
Reports directly to IT Manager
Scope of Position:
This profile is a guideline for the role and may develop or change in accordance with the individual, their manager or business demands.