Software Development Engineer
The Software Development Engineer will be a key member of the Development team. This role requires a strong software development background, being detail driven and excellent problem-solving abilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the design and development of new solutions as well as development of new features in the current product set. You will be working in a fast-paced environment to implement new solutions for the London and Global Insurance Markets.
To apply for the Software Development Engineer Role, please send your CV to Colleen.quigley(a)solasit.ie or call Colleen on 015367381 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software Development Engineer Role:
• Design, code, test and document particularly large, complex or mission critical programs
• Working with the Business Analysts to understand product requirements, and providing technical feedback
• Researching technical solutions to the requirements, and developing working prototypes when necessary
• Translating product requirements into technical designs and solutions
• Apply available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and to produce a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
• Specific information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
• Assist colleagues/clients/users in defining acceptance tests
• Be part of a structured review of work produced by the development team.
Required Skills and Experience for the Software Development Engineer Role:
• Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline
• 3+ years relevant experience in software development
• Good understanding of Relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Internet Information Services
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
• Good understanding of Unit testing
• Source/Version Control experience – Preferably TFS
• Knowledge of Azure an advantage
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Insurance Technology or FinTech industry experience an advantage
• Confidence and calm in interacting with Senior Audiences
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367381)