Our Support Engineers will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex issues and monitoring and measuring the success of the incident management process, all the while working with the team to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
To apply for the Support Engineer Role, please send your CV to Colleen.quigley(a)solasit.ie or call Colleen on 01 5367381 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Support Engineer Role:
• Act as a first point of contact for any escalated calls and queries.
• Take the lead in incident resolution to ensure a responsive service.
• Resolution of system messaging issues.
• Perform post-incident reviews.
• Maintain a set of metrics and reporting to demonstrate the operational performance of the Incident & Problem Management processes.
• Educate the teams on best practice for Incident & Problem Management.
• Drive innovation and quality to improve overall operational efficiency.
• Effective communications and stakeholder management to drive overall operational excellence.
• Perform various administrative tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience for the Support Engineer Role:
• University degree plus 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working in a technical support role.
• A logical and systematic approach to problem resolution across a broad spectrum of technologies.
• The ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical language to users. Be able to pick up and interpret technical information quickly.
• High-performance mindset, with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment with multiple competing priorities.
• Practical knowledge of the Windows desktop/server environments.
• Well-developed analytical skills, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with MS SQL Server in a production environment.
• Insurance services experience considered an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable in a Client Facing Role.
• ITIL Experience a bonus.
• Knowledge of IIS.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367381)