Mid-Level Systems Engineer
My client is seeking a Systems Engineer who will focus on the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational and retail customer functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
To apply for the Mid-Level Systems Engineer Role, please send your CV to Ryan.wannenburg(a)solasit.ie or call Ryan on 012449531 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Mid-Level Systems Engineer Role:
• Support the IT/Systems team to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and hardware systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Assist in automating existing processes and innovating new solutions across the corporate infrastructure.
• Design and deploy new features, configurations and enhancements to existing applications, hardware, and operating systems.
• Aid in the deployment and operations of company servers, software and related infrastructure.
• Assist with software and systems products evaluation to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
• Manage systems and infrastructure in virtualized on premises environments and the cloud.
• Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Assist with and perform in-depth tests.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, connectivity, mapping, processes, and service records.
• Assist with and provide training to team members on differing areas of technology as well as our environment.
• 24x7 on call rotation coverage and maintenance window availability shared with the rest of the team.
Required Skills and Experience for the Mid-Level Systems Engineer Role:
• Possess an understanding of Storage Area Networks, including solutions from EMC, Netapp, etc.
• Possess an understanding of Linux/Unix platforms (preferably CentOS), VMWare, as well as standard data stores.
• Proficient in Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
• Familiar with a scripting language such as python, bash, PowerShell.
• Experience in the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
• Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
• Good knowledge of network and Server operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Cisco, VMWare, and others.
• Good hardware troubleshooting experience.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)