The job in a nutshell
The Project Manager role sits within the People & Property team supporting the wider business Digital transformation programme. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and end to end delivery of strategic and operational initiatives across People & Property function.
They will be responsible for ensuring that programmes meet their time, cost and quality deadlines, interfacing at all levels internally and externally and providing appropriate reporting for all parties.
What else it involves
• Design, plan and lead the implementation of specific projects and initiatives in support of the P&P strategy, identifying and capturing the expected benefits.
• Define the roles and responsibilities of project teams. • Define and track high level & low level programme project plan.
• Co-ordinate the various aspects of project governance, including facilitation of decision making, managing key forums and meetings, tracking and addressing issues and risks, tracking and reporting progress against milestones, budgets and deliverables.
• Manage the collection and analysis of information to drive status reporting across all key programmes, and communicating status up to senior management team and other governing bodies.
• Lead business engagement and management of communications with all stakeholders.
• Initiate extra activities and other interventions wherever gaps in programme /projects are identified and issues arise.
• Application and adherence to defined PMO processes, standards & policies (planning & reporting, dependency management, governance, risk & issue management, change control, document management).
• Prepare & deliver presentations to business partners, programme sponsors, senior management and other executives, as required.
The skills were looking for
• Excellent project management skills, with a significant track record in all aspects of project management and implementation.
• Professional programme / project management accreditation (e.g. MSP, PRINCE, PMP).
• Excellent ability to co-ordinate multiple stakeholders, requirements and priorities such that issues and conflicts are successfully resolved.
• Experienced in applying project management methodologies to organise and co-ordinate complex programmes.
• Ability to establish programme controls and reporting to monitor progress and ensure business cases are delivered.
• Outstanding relationship management skills with an ability and willingness to work with, lead and influence, people at all levels across the organisation.
• Energetic, flexible, adaptable, change oriented.
• Strong collaboration, motivational & decision-making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
• Exceptional organisational, presentation & negotiation skills.
• Experience in various tools for management, project planning & time tracking e.g. MS Project, MS Excel, MC Visio.
• Experience in telecommunications industry desirable.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy