CK Group is recruiting for a Junior Project Manager to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
The Project Manager is a key member of the Strategic Planning & Operations team working in the Supply Chain Organisation. This team have the responsibility of delivering the short term Operational Finite Schedules for the Patient Supply Organisation, long term Strategic Planning, labour models & capacity planning plus execution of Strategic projects. The Project Manager will have the responsibility for the delivery of programs/projects and continuous improvement initiatives within Supply Chain. The Project Manager will utilise tools and techniques of project management/operational excellence to ensure optimised delivery. This position works closely with the Procurement, Planning & Operations.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Calibration, Validation & Process Development to appropriately deliver projects on time and in full.
- Lead or take part in programs/projects and Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives within the Supply Chain function.
- Employ project management techniques to deliver projects on time and in full.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of CI tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement within Supply Chain.
- Analysis of trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Actively seek out, identify, and execute on opportunities to remove constraints, process improvement, remove waste and cost reduction within Supply Chain.
- Perform other duties as assigned, will include participating in special projects as identified.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar position is essential.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biologics Manufacturer with a lean manufacturing-environment is essential.
- Demonstrated experiences of problem-solving and process improvements activities.
- Experience implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies and programs such as Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen, and/or Lean Manufacturing.
- Project management certification such as PMP, IPMA C, Prince 2 Practitioner.
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to execute and manage complex projects and programs.
- Experience in developing metrics & KPI's that measure key business processes.
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) required.
- Strong computer skills and advanced expertise in MS packages including Excel, Visio & Project and Minitab.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45592 in all correspondence.