The employer is a hardware cyber-security start-up.
* Using in-depth industry knowledge, he/she will provide thought leadership on electric machine communications technology, as applied to industrial systems, hybrid and electric propulsion systems for passenger cars and commercial vehicles
* Generate new value propositions related to electric machines by supporting the development of Angoka's roadmaps and driving research activities to develop new product, process and system solutions
* Support the business development teams to understand our client needs and develop new opportunities through generation of technical sales material and client engagements
* Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
* Provide excellent technical leadership in multi-disciplinary projects taking responsibility for high quality delivery on-time and on-budget
* Lead the delivery of project activities relating to all aspects of product design, development, application and validation
* Provide support in developing and setting up product test equipments and environment
* Design printed circuit boards that meet design standards for Electronics control unit circuit
* Collaborate with HW board manufacturers Design Engineers to develop hardware
* Support development of Angoka's engineers by mentoring and identifying requirements for further skills development where required.
* A relevant engineering / science degree qualification. PhD or equivalent further degree and Chartered Engineer status are an advantage
* At least 8 - 10 years' experience in electric engineering in automotive, or industrial systems with a great reputation based on delivering excellence in previous roles
* In-depth experience in the development and application of next generation electric machine solutions, typically from Tier 1, OEM and/or consultancy
* Highly skilled in JTAG programming
* Strong knowledge of industrial controls systems and their communications interfaces and protocols such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet/IP, RS232
* Good experience working with SPI, I2C interfaces
* Experience with electronic hardware design tools, incl. PCB design tools
* Strong strategic and leadership skills, to build and manage teams to deliver, satisfy customers and achieve technical, project and strategic targets
* Strong team player able to play in position as well as supporting areas of new technology for the greater good
* Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills to work across functions and organisations
* The ability to up-skill engineers using good interpersonal and communication skills
* Able to be flexible on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments.