Level 2 IT Support Engineer - Microsoft-based
My Client is seeking an experienced, customer-focused Level 2 IT Support Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible as part of the support team for actively managing incoming support incidents logged via our portal to meet customer service level agreements.
Responsibilities of the Level 2 IT Support role:
• Act as second level contact to provide solutions for complex support issues escalated from first line.
• Support Managed Services, Windows and SQL environments.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical incidents for customers
• Identify software bugs and work with development team to resolve them.
• Document resolution of incidents and contribute to the Knowledge Base.
Preferred Commercial Experience for the Level 2 IT Support Engineer role:
• Strong and proven SQL skills.
• Strong and proven application support skills supporting critical platforms.
• Problem and issue management, classification and prioritisation skills.
• Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
Required Non-Technical attributes for the Level 2 IT Engineer role:
• Hold a relevant third level degree or equivalent (a BSc. with a strong science or engineering content is preferred).
• Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
• Be self-motivated, disciplined and able to work well in a team environment but also on an individual basis to ensure tasks/actions are completed.
• Be able to discuss their subject matter in a way that provides confidence to the customer and demonstrate strong communication skills.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 3535 1699 3439)