Applications Support Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: €50,000 - €54,000 DOE
itContracting are currently working on behalf of our client, a leading global intelligent transportation integrator, to recruit an Applications Support Specialist to join their team on a permanent full-time basis.
Working in a dynamic environment, the Applications Support Analyst will be a key player in ensuring our client's systems and services are optimized to enable 100+ operations staff to carry out their duties. The successful candidate will have direct responsibility for the continuous development and support of key components of our client's tolling system including data management and image systems, CRM solutions, web services, interface and presentation layer of the website, and continuously developing mobile apps.
The Applications Support Analyst will also provide a lead role in supporting the BAU Maintenance Team activities and is expected to have good technical knowledge in SQL databases, IT security, networks and infrastructure.
As a member of our client's Technical Services Team, the successful candidate will be liaising closely with the Project and Development Teams, third party developers and will support the user acceptance tests of new releases.
Must have the ability to work out of hours if required to meet with the system operational constraints and deploy latest system releases.
* 3 years' previous experience required in Application Support and Quality Assessment
* Previous experience in support User Acceptance tests and liaising with Development Teams for bug investigation and bug fixing.
* Strong experience with Microsoft server 2012
* Previous experience with Windows SQL 2012 would be an advantage
* Previous experience with Webservers Administration and knowledge of Web Application and IIS7 is required
* Knowledge in Load Balancer/ NetScaler would be an advantage
* Previous experience with SolarWinds/ Monitoring Tools will be an advantage
* Familiarity with Microsoft applications required (Office 365, Lync)
* Bachelor's Degree in IT preferred
* Microsoft SQL qualifications desired
* Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
* Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying and improving processes
* Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize
* Results driven with a strong attention to detail
* Must have the ability to integrate within a technical team
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Joanne Harrington ( +353 83 059 7338 or joanne dot harrington at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.