Senior Database Administrator
The successful candidate will be an experienced DBA with strong enterprise experience on the Microsoft SQL Server Platform. They will have excellent T-SQL skills, database design, database optimisation/tuning and experience using SQL Server Integration Services to orchestrate Data Extraction & Transformation tasks. This role will also provide an excellent opportunity to join a cross functional engineering team utilising the cloud and the latest technologies and techniques.
To apply for the Senior Database Administrator Role, please send your CV to Colleen.quigley(a)solasit.ie or call Colleen on 015367381 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Database Administrator Role:
• Design, architecting, implementation and support of our data platform including testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases
• Participate in and/or lead the requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of database technology solutions
• Ensure that the solutions developed are to current industry best practice and comply with all internal standards
• Complete the technical design, development and implementation of complex ETL suites to manage comprehensive data integration requirements between core transaction processing systems, data stores / repositories, data warehouse structures and potentially provisioning data through to analytics data cubes
• Work closely with the technical team to understand the data architecture, existing ETL patterns and schema, technical data management objectives
• Develop new integration packages to meet evolving product requirements for both cloud and on-prem instances
• Refactor and enhance existing ETL’s to incorporate new capabilities / improve performance / improve resilience and apply best technical practice
• Work directly with the Technical Team Leads, Technical Architects and DBA.
Required Skills & Experience for the Senior Database Administrator Role:
• Minimum 4 years enterprise MS SQL and Oracle database design and development
• Knowledge and experience in the latest database design methodology and tools such as Visio EA, Embarcadero ER Studio, Oracle Designer
• Design and Development experience for ETLs and data/system integration using best practise integration patterns
• Experience in provisioning database environments on public cloud offerings
• Database optimisation and tuning for large enterprise databases
• Developing database triggers, procedures and packages using PL/SQL and T-SQL
• Experience with agile development methodology and DevOps practises
• Database developer experience as part of enterprise application/services development team
• Detailed knowledge and experience in developing and supporting or data mapping tools
• Microsoft .Net & C# development experience
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367381)